Mom's Dirty Little Secret

Mom's Dirty Little Secret

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review for Broken Love & Forever Bound (Book 1 in the Bound Series) by Layla Stevens

Ok..I am giving this book 3.5 stars..I am really torn because I wanted to give her 4 but I just couldn't.. Strictly because I felt the author really needs to have it edited and formatted by a professional and I found it a little weird how the victim of rape discussed it in more of a sensual way than a traumatic experience. That kind of set me off a little...If you recall being raped I really think you would find a different way of telling people about it...BUT other than that I found this to be a great read. This is Layla's first book, which really impressed me. She has such major potential and I can't wait to read the second book in this series.I really hope she takes this review as constructive criticism and NOT as a bad review because I really did love the book!!! I think having this book formatted and edited by a professional could make me give it 4.5 stars!! I loved the characters..the author did a great job giving them their own personalities... I find a lot of the books I have read lately have been like reading from the point of view of only 1 character and the authors have not given them their own writing style...and Layla did a great job of this. I also LOVED the words she used!! It reminded me of my friends and myself talking to each other!!
The story line was great too.. There was plenty of twists and things to keep my attention and the cliffhanger OMG the cliffhanger... I really wanted to scream at her over this one hahaha I was left with my mouth wide open saying "really...seriously..omg I hate you bitch" hahaha hahaha WHAT A CLIFFHANGER!!!! BUT seriously I am ready for book 2!!!
Ok, so all in all I recommend this book!! I love Layla and I will be reading the next in the series...I really look forward to watching this new author grow!!! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!! Much Love, Lezleigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment